Buy Now & Pay Later! Learn more
The Dillon full XL over Queen bunk bed is the perfect solution for shared space. This bunk is beautifully crafted from quality Eco-friendly solid hardwood to ensure sturdiness and durability. The full XL over Queen bunk makes it perfect for youth, college students, vacation homes or cabins. The headboards and foot boards feature privacy bead board paneling with square posts. Additional features include safety rails, hidden hardware for clean look, angled ladder, metal to metal connection for structural strength, and slat support system. The bunk can be converted into two separate beds when needed. Want to increase functionality? Add drawers for extra storage. Color options include: white, black, gray, espresso and navy blue. Customize your room even further by adding any of these set pieces: 6-drawer chest, 2-drawer night stand, 5-drawer chest, and 3-drawers chest.
- Dillon Collection
- Bedroom furniture
- Full XL over Queen configuration
- Classic Coastal bead-board style
- Space-saving design / sleeping space
- Hidden hardware for clean look
- Converts into 2 separate beds
- Available finishes: white, black, navy blue, espresso and gray
- Beautifully crafted square posts
- Top bunk features full length guardrails on all sides of upper unit
- Sturdy wooden ladder for easy access to upper bunk ( Ladder can be placed on right or left)
- Ladder is available in both long and short version to accommodate the trundle
- Long ladder will clash with trundle, must select the short ladder
- Slat support system provided
- Under-bed drawers, trundle-bed and mattresses sold separately
- Optional trundle is available in both Twin XL and Full XL sizes and include 2 removable partitions for extra storage
- The Twin XL and Full XL trundle is available in all finishes
- Assembly is required
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Dimensions: 87"L x 64"W x 70-1/3"H
- Eco-friendly solid hardwood, bead board paneling and plywood
- Weight capacity 500 lbs. for upper and 500 lbs. for lower unit
- Metal To Metal Connection
- Non-toxic finish process for thick and durable finish
- Barrel nut hardware for superior construction
- Concealed hardware
- Warp-free rails with ply construction
- Extra long full size mattress required for top bunk not to exceed 8" deep
- Standard Queen size mattress required for bottom bed not to exceed 8" deep
- Mattresses sold separately
- Meets ASTM safety standards
- Some assembly is required
- Drawer Specs: Mortise and tenon joinery for lasting durability
- English Dovetail drawers for lasting strength durability
- Solid-ply constructed sides
- Heavy-duty metal Euro glides for smooth slide
- Wood corner blocks adding sturdiness and strength to cases
- JY1605 Drawers: 80"L x 18-1/2"D x 11-1/2"H
Mattress spec (XL Full)
- 8" Thick
- Innerspring unit
- Damask Pearl fabric
- Diamond Tack and jump with 4 layer quilting
- 1 oz of Polyester Fiberfill
- non-woven backing
- .5 oz of fire barrier
- 1/2" innerspring support base foam
- 1/2” of comfort layer HD Polyurethane Foam
- Multiple Heavy Duty Insulator Pad
- 1 ¼” White Tape with TEX-4S Flame-out Firefly Yellow Thread
- -High Profile Classic Bonnel coil system
- 4 sides edge casing
- Multi-Piece Decorative ribbon border with FR barrier
- Comfort level: Medium
- Made in the Unites States
- Box spring shown in picture is not included
MATTRESS SPEC Hybrid ( Twin XL or Queen )
- A lower-profile hybrid mattress
- Rolled compressed mattress in box
- 8" Thick
- Combines the benefits of both a traditional innerspring and memory foam
- Quilted memory foam conforms to the body and helps reduce motion transfer
- Firm comfort foams ideal for those with lower back pain
- Heavy duty tempered coils provide strong support
- Made using CertiPUR-US certified foams and Oeko-tex certified textiles
- Five-year warranty guarantees high-quality construction
- Mattress size: Twin XL and Queen
- Mattresses available in both Medium Firm and Medium Plush
- Arrives Rolled & Compressed for easy shipment
Relevant Product Points
- Minimum required ceiling height 8' foot
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends that the upper bunk not to be used for Children under 6 years of age
- Mattress ready
General Bunk Room Ideas
- The Coastal style Dillon Full over Queen Bunk bed is a very well constructed and supports teens and adults.
- Each bunk supports up to 500 lbs making it perfect for large families with limited bedroom space.
- This adult bunk beds line is also ideal for rental properties, vacation rentals, beach houses, cabins, VRBOs and Airbnb's.
- When selecting colors, go for a white or navy blue finish for a beach house property, or Dark Brown Espresso or Antique Oak for a cabin, or lodge. Other colors available are refreshing Medium Gray and a Satin black.
- For a bunk room that requires more than one bed frame, this line of bunks can be positioned back to back to take advantage of a long room or positioned to mirror each other in a square room.
- To maximize sleeping space you can add a Twin XL or a Full XL trundle beneath each bunk. If you select the trundle we recommend selecting the vertical ladder as it fits flush to the bunk and does not interfere with opening or closing of the lower trundle. If a ladder that touches your floor is your preference then a longer slanted ladder is also available.
- The 35" of head space between top and bottom rails allows teens and some adults to sit comfortably.
Shipping and Delivery
- Once your Queen size bunk bed has shipped, we will email you all the freight and tracking information. You will be provided with a link to the freight company. Once the shipment arrives at the local freight terminal, the freight company will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment. As simple as that!
- We stand behind our products. The manufacturer offers a one year warranty on material and craftsmanship
- Typical order is delivered within 10 to 15 business days subject to product availability. Talk to our product specialist at (800) 507-5440 for item /color availability.
The most durable bunk beds I’ve seen
Posted by Megan, E on May 22nd 2023
These beds are not only aesthetically beautiful but so sturdy and well made. The cost might be slightly higher than some others but they are head and shoulders superior in quality and I have no doubt they will last for many years. Highly recommend these bunk beds!
Posted by Aaron on Oct 12th 2022
I was skeptical to make a large furniture purchase online but after searching local brick and mortar stores no one had what I was looking for. Justbunkbeds had a huge selection of products, good pricing, and many positive reviews so I took a chance. I now couldn't be happier and have already recommended this site to multiple friends and family who were also blown away when they saw the assembled product. High quality materials, excellent packaging, on time delivery, great assembly instructions and most all it has been nothing but smiles on my son's face who now can't decide what bunk to sleep in at night because both are "so awesome." Having the option to purchase mattresses with the bed was also clutch because it saved me time and stress of doing more shopping post assembly.
Full over queen bunk. Great set!
Posted by Verified Buyer on Jul 31st 2022
We are very happy with our purchase! Safe, well packaged, reliable delivery of the furniture. Easy assembly, just takes time because of all the pieces but all materials needed were included. The beds are sturdy! We also ordered the under bed drawers which are sturdy and well made. Glad we made this purchase, well worth it.
Posted by Tamara on Oct 25th 2021
The bunk bed is great! Super quality. My husband put it together by himself. It was packaged very well!! We love the extra storage space with the draws. Much better quality then any furniture store around here!
Pretty well bulit
Posted by Joe, C on Jul 8th 2021
2 hours to put together with 2 people. Pretty well built. No shaking or squeaking.
Absolutely love everything about this bunk
Posted by Patrick on Jul 5th 2021
Absolutely love everything about this bunk. It did take 2 people to put it together. I would not want to put it together alone. The bed is very sturdy for our guest room. It doesn’t take up a lot of space. It has good space below if you have storage baskets. We are very happy with this product.
Posted by Unknown on Apr 22nd 2021
Bought this so all the grandkids would have a cool place to sleep when they visit and extra adult guests could still enjoy a queen bed when the other guest room is occupied. This bed delivers on both counts.The quality and sturdiness of the bed far exceeds expectations. And the ability to purchase mattresses at the same time makes this an easy purchase. It does take some time to assemble, took us about 3 hours but that includes taking it upstairs a section at a time. But be aware that if you choose the xl full mattress that a regular full fitted sheet does NOT really fit, as this mattress is 5 inches longer . You can stretch a regular full fitted sheet over the corners ( barely) but I anticipate that any child rolling around at night will pop those corners off easily. Be smarter than me and buy xl full fitted sheets or queen size. Both will fit fine. All in all if you have a smallish room and want the most bang for your bunk bed buck, this is it. And shipping was actually pretty quick!
We are happy campers.
Posted by Gesele on Mar 1st 2021
The bed was delivered without any defects. No Scratches, no broken pieces and no dents. The price was great. The bed is made of solid wood. Not a chance of it wobbling even if the kids horse played. It took about four hours to put together n that was probably cause I did it by myself. I’m extremely pleased so much I suggested my daughter get her bunk beds from just bunk beds as well. Mattress was also a great price and definitely firm enough for the grandkids.
Good Quality Bunk Bed
Posted by Christine Shelley on Feb 1st 2021
We bought this bed for our grandchildren to use during their visits. We were encouraged by the comments of others who said it was easy to put together and could be done so in several hours. What we didn't factor in is that we are in our late 60s and it might not be so simple! BUT...it was! The first big hurdle was getting the boxes into the house - once that was done, unpacking and constructing was not that complicated. We agree with others though, that the instructions could use some work. The second hurdle was getting the full bed on top of the queen - we had to enlist the help of our 30-something children but that took all of about 5 minutes. The bed is beautiful and very sturdy. We are very happy with our purchase.
Great quality beds!
Posted by DIANE on Jun 17th 2020
We purchased two sets for our lake house. Easy to assemble and look great.
Awesome Bunk Bed!
Posted by Verified Buyer on May 6th 2020
My husband and I just purchased this bunkbed for our kids and it was beyond our expectations. Super sturdy and it was not difficult to put together. Took a few hours! Our kids love it! Great quality and great packaging so there wouldn't be damage done in shipping!
Bunk bed is great!!
Posted by Brooklyn on Jan 24th 2020
We set up this bunk bed in 3 hours with 2 people working on it. We did not buy the mattresses. It is sturdy and has been working great! We love how many people it can sleep!
Posted by E.J. on Nov 21st 2019
I bought this bed online along with the mattress and installation. It arrived quickly. Installation was also fast and efficient. I have to say, this bed is incredibly comfortable and I get lots of compliments on how great it looks. I highly recommend it.
Top Rated & High Quality!
Posted by Christin, M on Mar 30th 2019
This is a top rated and high quality Bunk bed. It definitely exceeded our expectations. Solid, well made and looks beautiful in our kids' room. Assembly was fairly easy, recommend two persons. We ordered it in white and we totally love it. Worth every cent. Highly recommended !!
Posted by Unknown on Jun 26th 2018
I would order this again.
Easy to assemble
Posted by Darrin, K on May 2nd 2018
The kids love it! Easy to assemble, very sturdy and and looks beautiful. Packed really well and arrived within 9 days.